Wednesday, July 11, 2007

But I don't wanna be Forty!!!! *cries*


I never ever thought I would turn 40. Never. When I was 12 years old, 20 years old, it was forever away. Now here is 40 staring me in the face and I can't avoid it. That's what sucks. You can't escape except by death. I never wanted to be 40!!! Look how fast those first years went, how fast are the next 40?

Here's to my life, the trials, the happiness, the sadness....I still miss my sweetheart, my black kitty Gimlet. Here's to my new job, my new life...my old friends, my online friends, my new friends....Here's to Sunny (wherever you are, shine on you crazy diamond), to my twin long ago at the computer store....

Here's to the end of my thirties, the beginning of a new decade that I really don't want. Here's to it all because I can't avoid it, I can't make it go away and I can't turn back the clock. To all the regrets and chances that I took...to the strangeness and the zen I've tried to find in every moment.

Fuck it all, here's to forty....a little smarter, a little more wear from the world, a little chance again to get it right and be happy. Here's to you, here's to me....maybe one day we'll all get it right!


Incidentally, here is the face of 49....I sooo want to look this good!




Catwoman is still hawt!

No comments: