Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What did Rihanna really say?

To me, she said nothing. Her whole "interview" seems very guarded, as if either she's still not really ready to talk about what happened (possible) or her PR handler is holding a very tight rein on what she says (also possible). At least she referred to Chris Brown in the past tense, like she's ready to leave him there.

Digitalspy reports:

Speaking to Glamour, she said: "I went to sleep as Rihanna and woke up as Britney Spears. That was the level of media chaos that happened the next day.

"The positive thing that has come out of my situation is that people can learn from that. I want to give as much insight as I can to young women, because I feel like I represent a voice that really isn't heard."

*But she's not really saying anything here....What voice? What does that voice say, RiRi? Does it say it's wrong for a woman to be beat like that by someone she loves? Mixed message. I hope she becomes more vocal about standing up against domestic violence.*

No comments: