Thursday, November 30, 2006

Confession

Feeling the strenght of many people who have been through much worse, I must make my own confession....

And it's amazing, I might note, that I didn't turn out a drug addict or alcoholic.
But I did try to kill myself 3 times.....

I went through therapy in college, to save my life,,,just so I could verbalize to myself what had happened so I could acknowledge it....just to make it real to me.

Now the whole world knows and it doesn't matter to me anymore.

I was sexually molested by my oldest brother from the ages of 3 to 16, which was when he finally got married. I don't know why he did it nor do I care...

I am not a victim, victims die. I survived. I have sworn to myself to never be controlled like that or feel that helpless and defenseless again. I won't allow it.

I was lucky enough to marry a man who taught me to accept him as a person and teach me that I could relate to a man in some other way that wasn't sexual. It was all that I knew how to do. I learned to find my voice.

Now the whole world knows, even if no one reads this site.

Damn, I need to get hammered. Think I'll have a drink.

No comments: