a place for dirty laundry, hand washings and delicates....
All the snark and nothing but the snark!!
Just for clarity's sake, the photos used here are from other sources and are not mine unless otherwise noted. To have a photo removed, kindly email me and I shall gladly oblige.
Friday, April 6, 2007
Tip o' the Week
I figure I'll try this new feature, a weekly (or maybe monthly, havn't decided yet) beauty tip that works and is inexpensive. If you have a tip you'd like to share, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with 'tip of the week' in your subject line.
Here's this one that I've run across a coupla times and plan to try out soon:
Treat cellulite with coffee grinds! You can do this even if you don't drink coffee, I know there are some Starbucks that bag up their coffee grinds and you can have them for free. I'd suggest heating them up in the microwave for use. You could also use those grinds in certain plants, like citrus plants or some houseplants to help them grow.
Those expensive cellulite creams have one ingredient in common: caffeine! You can make your own cellulite treatment with caffeinated coffee grounds that works beautifully. Here’s how: The used grounds work better if they’re warm.
1. Put some newspaper on the floor of your bathroom.
2. Mix about a quarter-cup of warm used coffee grounds with a tablespoon or so of olive oil. Stand on the paper and apply the coffee mixture to your cellulite areas using your hands or a loofah mitt. Don’t worry if a lot of the coffee mixture falls to the floor; enough will stick to your skin to do the trick.
3. Wrap the area in plastic wrap and allow to remain on for several minutes.
4. Remove wrap and brush off excess coffee mixture. Shower with warm water.
5. This procedure is most effective when repeated twice a week.
Spin's final rinse: Why spend more $$$ than you have to?