Sunday, May 4, 2008

My two cents


Ok, ok....I'm confused over the Miley Cyrus "oh my god she looks like she just had sex" pic.....c'mon, teenagers do fuck, as expressed here on defamer.

What bothers me, as a photographer myself, is that this is a very cold picture and I don't see it as representational of AL's work. It seems the life has already been sucked out of Miley. Maybe somehow, that's what it's supposed to represent, not a pictorial debut of Miley Cyrus as a sexual being, but her death on the inside as she has officially becomes yet one more cog in the media/hollywood/sensationalistic machine. She is now emotional sausage, no more different or lively than those who went before her (Brooke Shields, Britney Spears, Tatum O'Neal, Drew Barrymore or Jodie Foster, not withstanding others I can't think of right this moment).

Yes, I think it's supposed to show the very moment the life has been trounced out of her, with the dead eyes and clammy body look. May as well bury her in that white sheet, as she clings to what is left of her self. She is wholly owned now, poor thing.

No comments: