Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Big News of the Day is....

SNOW IN HOUSTON! Got it this afternoon and the last time it snowed here was like, five years ago but I was out of town at the time. This round, I got pics! Now you have to understand that when it gets to about 50 degrees here, people freak out like they might freeze to death, so you can imagine the insanity when it snows. It's like this:

Photobucket

You would think that hell froze over. Well maybe for here, it did. Anyhow, here are a couple of pics from my backyard. It is freezing rain covered in snow.

Snow2 12.10.08

That's my gas grill, just to give you an idea of the frostiness. And those white blips? That's snow. Here, you can see it on the deck too:

Snow 12.10.08

I'm staying in because it's idiots on ice out on the roads right now and I want nothing to do with them. People here drive badly enough, the snow just makes the moron parade into Russian Roullete. So I'm cuddling up to a hot bowl of soup in my favorite sweats. Cheers!

No comments: