Friday, February 19, 2010

Tiger Woods is butthurt and he wants you to know it

Aw, Tiger Woods' poor l'il ego got bruised and now he has to cry publicly about it. Is he for real? Who is buying his crap? He's sorry he got caught and that whole public statement was his ego talking. It's like his ego got up and started screaming "LEAVE TIGER WOODS ALONE!! LEAVE HIM ALONE!!"

Click on the headline above to jump to CNN and the video statement. Some highlights:

In a tightly controlled televised statement, golfer Tiger Woods gave an apology Friday for his "irresponsible and selfish" behavior.

"I know I have bitterly disappointed all of you," said the golfer, dressed in a blue button-down shirt and a blazer. "For all that I have done, I am so sorry. ...

"I had affairs, I cheated. What I did was not acceptable, and I am the only person to blame."

The 11 a.m. ET event, at the TPC Sawgrass clubhouse in Ponte Vedra Beach, was carefully managed, with a small hand-picked crowd as an audience.

Although some members of the media were invited to listen to Woods' remarks, they were not allowed to ask questions. The large majority of reporters and media were housed at least a half a mile away, where they watched the event on television.

Woods' mother attended, although his wife, Elin Nordegren, did not.

Woods spoke slowly and carefully as he stood at a lectern, which held a few pieces of paper.

After he finished speaking, he embraced his mother and a few others in the audience.

No comments: