Sunday, December 30, 2007

From ONTD:

***I've always liked Angelina regardless of what other ppl thought, now I have one more reason!***

It is cause for billions of people to rejoice. But not these celebrity Grinches - sorry, atheists.

They are the stars who do not believe three wise men followed a star to a baby in a manger more than 2000 years ago.

Some seem to have given no thought to the concept of a higher being.

Take Angelina Jolie.

In the September 6, 2000 edition of The Onion A.V. Club titled "Is There A God?", celebrities were asked the question. Jolie was among those asked.

She reportedly replied: "Hmm... For some people. I hope so, for them. For the people who believe in it, I hope so. There doesn't need to be a God for me. There's something in people that's spiritual, that's godlike. I don't feel like doing things just because people say things, but I also don't really know if it's better to just not believe in anything, either."


Then there are those who seem to have thought about it a little too much.

Aussie actress Rachel Griffiths is arguably a case in point.

When asked by Madison magazine in 2000 if she was religious, Griffiths answered: "Although I'm not Christian, I was raised Christian. I'm an atheist, with a slight Buddhist leaning.

"I've got a very strong sense of morality - it's just a different morality than the loud voices of the Christian morality ... I can't tell you how many films I've turned down because there was an absence of morality.

"And I don't mean that from any sort of Judeo-Christian/Muslim point of view. I'm not saying they're wrong and can't be made. But, fundamentally, I'm such a humanist that I can't bear to make films that make us feel humanity is more dark than it is light."

Find out the identities of other stars, including Keanu Reeves, who've shunned Santas and the saints in our Celebrity atheists gallery.

And a merry Christmas to all those who believe. To those who don't, merry Tuesday.

Bob Geldof ... as long as Michael Hutchence isn't in heaven he's probably not
bothered. And Michael probably doesn't want to be there.

Bill Gates ... isn't he God?

Marlon Brando ... now he could well be God if Gates isn't.

Bjork ... if Santa's north pole setup was real she'd have seen him from nearby
Iceland.

Ani DiFranco ... no prospect of a Christmas album from her either.

Katharine Hepburn ... her advice is just to be nice.

Bruce Lee ... sleep beats traditional notions of spirituality.

Jodie Foster ... doesn't pray in the panic room.

THE FIVE CELEBRITY ATHEISTS I WAS TOO LAZY TO EMBED INTO THIS POST ARE:
1. Richard Branson
2. Rachel Griffiths
3. Ricky Gervais
4. John Malkovich
5. Billy Joel

and for more click here: http://www.celebatheists.com

No comments: