Tuesday, September 22, 2009

OMG


You have to read this to believe it...maybe even see it on Oprah. Now wonder Mackenzie Phillips is a drugged up mess. From msnbc.com:

...in a tell-all book out Wednesday, the former childhood actress reveals that her dad, musician John Phillips of the ’60s band the Mamas and the Papas, engaged with her in a long-term incestuous relationship.

Phillips, 49, who has survived drug addiction, arrests and divorce, writes in the book “High on Arrival” that she was already a star playing a boy-crazy teen on the TV sitcom “One Day at a Time” when her father had sex with her on the night before she was to marry Jeff Sessler, a member of the Rolling Stones entourage, in 1979.

“On the eve of my wedding, my father showed up, determined to stop it,” writes Phillips, who was 19 and a heavy drug user at the time. “I had tons of pills, and Dad had tons of everything too. Eventually I passed out on Dad’s bed.”

“My father was not a man with boundaries. He was full of love, and he was sick with drugs. I woke up that night from a blackout to find myself having sex with my own father.

“Had this happened before? I didn’t know. All I can say is it was the first time I was aware of it. For a moment I was in my body, in that horrible truth, and then I slid back into a blackout.”

Phillips’ life began to spiral out of control. In 1980, she was fired from “One Day at a Time” because of her constant drug use. That same year, she went to rehab — with her father. She even toured with him in a band called the New Mamas and the Papas. Her sexual relationship with him had become consensual.

“One night Dad said, ‘We could just run away to a country where no one would look down on us. There are countries where this is an accepted practice. Maybe Fiji.’

“He was completely delusional. No, I thought, we’re going to hell for this.”

*So yeah, her father is responsible for rooting her drug use. Geez, how did she keep from killing herself?*

update from Radaronline: A tearful MacKenzie Phillips bared all on The Oprah Show Wednesday, with shocking allegation after shocking allegation.

The most shocking? That she had an incestuous affair with her father for ten years, became pregnant and then aborted the baby, not knowing if it was her own father's child or the child of her then husband.

Phillips said the first time she did coke she was 11, and that her dad taught her to roll joints at the age of 10.

With regards the Rolling Stones, Phillips said of her affair at 18 with the band's lead singer, "Mick Jagger locks the door and he says 'I've been waiting for this since you were ten".

There was one one good revelation during the interview though, Phillips said that she has been clean fromdrugs for a year now.

*yikes, kids....yikes*

It was this event that ended the affair she was having with her father, John Phillips, of the band the Mamas and the Papas.

No comments: