Monday, July 28, 2008

The Dark Knight

Saw TDK yesterday and I know there's been a lot of hype on the net for a while and things built up about it and I've read the critics' reviews. Here's what Spin thinks:

OMG GO SEE THE MOVIE IT IS AWESOME!!! Be warned though, they throw stuff at you hard and fast, it can, at times, be a challenge to keep up with the story. I'm not too sure how some critics got the idea that the story was choppy, it wasn't. It was fast but it was well written and well acted.

Christian Bale gave a fabulous and easy performance as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Heath Ledger as the Joker was the best protrayal yet. He owned the role, he was totally convincing as the sociopathic clown. Ledger's portrayal gave new insight into what makes the Joker tick. It is really sad that he died, I would have loved to see him perform more as the Joker. This role would have been his gateway to serious dramatic work. He was that good. Was he Oscar good? Maybe.

Maggie Gyllenhaal was superb as Rachel, she gave an easy grace to the role that Katie Holmes just couldn't pull off.

I don't have any real complaints about the production....yes it is 2 1/2 hours but you don't get bored. One thing I noticed, in comparison with Iron Man, is that "the girl" in both movies (Pepper in Iron Man, Rachel in TDK) said the same thing to the respective hero, "Don't make me the reason you want to have a normal life." That's probably the only thing that bothered me, that this seems to be becoming a common theme with the heroine.

Go see it, you may want to see it two or three times to be able to catch everything that goes on. I would judge it as the best movie of the summer, with Iron Man at a close #2.

No comments: