Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I need her drugs!


What do you mean you don't know? How can you not know?

***

off of ONTD:

Even Janet Jackson isn't sure whether she's engaged to boyfriend Jermaine Dupri, she revealed in an interview that aired Tuesday on Britain's Choice FM Radio. Referring to Dupri, Jackson's boyfriend of five years, a DJ said, "You guys are getting married …" Jackson responded, "That's what he said. He, um … that's … everyone's been asking me about this. He said something about September 26th we were getting married." "What are you saying?" asked the DJ. Said Jackson, laughing, "That's the date the album comes out! September 26th." (The 26th is the drop date for Jackson's latest disc, 20 Years Old.)

The DJ then asked, flat-out, "Are you engaged?" "That's what he said!" Jackson said with a laugh. "So if … I don't know. You know … Everyone's been asking me about it. And if it's meant to happen, it'll happen."

When the DJ started to ask a follow-up question, Janet asked, "Why is everyone just staring at me? It's really quiet in here. It's too quiet in here." Should Jackson, 40, and Dupri, 33, tie the knot, it would come as no surprise. At an Atlanta press conference on Friday, Jackson told reporters, "Being with Jermaine has really changed my life. … I always wanted to find love. Now that I found love, I'm in a different space."

And last year, Dupri told PEOPLE that the only thing holding them back from getting married was timing. "We are trying to get our records right first," he said. At the time, Dupri had just released his compilation album, Jermaine Dupri Presents: Young, Fly & Flashy, Vol. 1, and Jackson was recording 20 Years Old. "I am trying to make sure that she returns and her career soars the way it is supposed to and we live happily ever after," he said.

No comments: