Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Anna Nicole Hated her Mother

This is off of the New York Daily News...I think it explains a lot. Again, I'm not taking Howard Stern's side here, I think a lot of the kookiness of Anna Nicole can be drawn from these things:

Two weeks after her death, Anna Nicole Smith's voice filled a stunned courtroom yesterday as the former centerfold ranted against her despised mother, whom she sneeringly called "mommy dearest."

The shocking tape was introduced in an unruly Florida courtroom battle where Smith's mother, Virgie Arthur, is vying for the right to bury her daughter.

Lawyers for Smith's companion Howard K. Stern played the tape in an effort to prevent Arthur from getting Smith's body.

Her voice dripping with venom, Smith declared her disdain for the woman she called "mommy dearest."

"You want to hear all the things she did to me? You want to hear all the things she let my father do to me, or my brother do to me? Or my sister?" Smith said, glaring at the camera. "All the beatings and the whippin's and the rape? That's my mother. That's my mom!" she snarled.

Stern teared up, prompting a sympathetic court officer to bring tissues.

Arthur, who wore a purple suit and clutched a red flower, raised her brows as if to dismiss the accusations, but she didn't speak or cry when her dead daughter briefly came to life on screen.

The stunning tape was one of a series of revelations in the raucous courtroom.

The legal struggle over who gets to bury Smith has become so prolonged that the coroner interrupted the court hearing to warn that the corpse is beginning to deteriorate and the proceeding should be speeded up.

No comments: